Register for Members' Council
The outcomes of the members' sessions led to a proposal for a Members' Council.
Proposal for a Members' Council
The past few months have been devoted to the pilot Members' Council. Many sessions were organised in which members discussed it with each other, the MT and the Supervisory Board. The outcomes of the members' sessions led to a proposal for a Members' Council.
Voting during the GMM
During the General Members' Meeting (GMM) on May 31, you can vote on the proposal for the Members' Council and the nomination committee. Two animation videos explain clearly what you are voting for and how the nomination committee works.
- Animation video of Members' Council proposal
- Animation video of nomination committee
- More information about the GMM on 31 May 2018
- Watch our documentary series about the process behind the pilot Members' Council
Composition of the nomination committee
The nomination committee selects members and proposes them for appointment to the Members' Council. The following persons were appointed as the nomination committee:
- Tom v.d. Houwen - Pot anthurium
- Johan Buis - Carnations / Viburnum
- Joyce Lansbergen - Gerberas
- Marielle Rutte - Gijsbers - Pot hydrangeas and Ornamental shrubs
- Remco v.d. Arend - Rose
- Bert Schouten - Flowering plants
- Martin Hogenboom - (Flowering) plants
- Inder Nain - Rose
- Neill Hellings - Rose
Who appoints the nomination committee?
- The initial nomination committee is being created by the Supervisory Board, after consultation with the Appointment subcommittee of the pilot Members' Council.
- The nomination committee is appointed by the members at the GMM on 31 May 2018.
- Then the nomination committee will propose candidates for appointment on this committee. These candidates are again appointed by the members.
Only members can put themselves forward as a candidate for the Members' Council. The nomination committee then makes a selection and checks that the candidates fit the profile. This profile ensures that the Members' Council as a whole has the desired qualities, skills, knowledge and experience. Individual members of the Members' Council thus cover all possible perspectives. Individual members of the Members' Council should preferably be familiar with as many of these perspectives as possible or have the potential to develop the desired qualities over time.
Examples of perspectives from the profile
- insight into the interests of the members of Royal FloraHolland and the developments at their companies, both national and international
- insight into the markets in which Royal FloraHolland and its members are active
- capable of winning the members' trust
- managerial skills or willingness to acquire them
- capable of thinking and acting in line with policy
- interest in financial reports and analyses
- good verbal communication skills
- mastery of English or willingness to master it
- social skills
- independent attitude in the interest of the whole
- capable of self-reflection
Importance of a good representation
The Members' Council must be recognisable to members and be supported. The quality of individual members and the Members' Council as a whole is primary. In addition, the nomination committee is striving for a composition in which the Members' Council forms a representative reflection of the entire membership.
|Product groups||The most important product groups are represented|
|Country and region||The distribution of members of the Members' Council according to countries and regions is in line with the distribution of the entire membership|
|Turnover classes||The distribution of members of the Members' Council according to turnover classes (from large to small) is in line with the distribution of the entire membership|
|Use of the clock and direct sales channels||The distribution of members of the Members' Council according to the use of the clock and direct sales channels is in line with the distribution of the entire membership|
|Age||The Members' Council has an ambitious percentage of young people|
|Gender||The Members' Council has a recognisable percentage of women|
The handout below contains all the information about the nomination committee and the profiles of the nomination committee.